classless IP setup

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Fri Jun 4 21:24:29 UTC 1999

In article <9906041352.aa01970 at dick.ccstores.com>,
Jim Pazarena  <bind at ccstores.com> wrote:
>Can I direct the authority for the partial Class-C over to my full Class-C
>system WITHOUT the old provider being aware of it?

Yes.  Delegation records just contain hostnames, not IP addresses (the only
exception is when the hostname is in the domain being delegated, since glue
records are needed -- this can only happen in forward domains).  Keep the
same server names but change their addresses in the forward domain.  The
old provider's delegation records will still be valid.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com