Help re: MX record

sabbah22 at my-deja.com sabbah22 at my-deja.com
Wed Jun 2 00:03:33 UTC 1999

Hi,

We have set up DNS using BIND (sort of a franken-config but thats
another story) and we're having a problem getting the rest of the
internet to able to send mail to our domain. (in a way..)

>From the outside, I can send mail to "me at mail.domain.com", where
mail.domain.com is specified in our DNS files and exists as a host,
however I would rather be able to send mail to "me at domain.com" instead.

Is this what the MX record does?  We have one of those so that must not
be the problem.

Is this possible?  It seems it *would* be with pretty much every other
domain doing this, obviously.  I just can't figure out where to put it.

Please help! Thanks in advance for any assistance, and try not to laugh
too hard after reading this...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/