possible problem w/ 8.2.1

Martin, Kevin kevinm at crt.com
Tue Jun 29 16:23:40 UTC 1999

My mistake.  I was running the 8.2 version of dig against the 8.1.2 server
that I reinstalled yesterday.  I just brought up the 8.2.1 named and ran the
dig and got these results:

../dig/dig @dns1 host.nc.il.nb.com

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> @dns1 host.nc.il.nb.com
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 6
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      host.nc.il.nb.com, type = A, class = IN

;; Total query time: 4 msec
;; FROM: dns1 to SERVER: dns1  10.216.34.4
;; WHEN: Tue Jun 29 11:12:07 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 42  rcvd: 42

Sorry about that.

Kevin