problem with MX-record

Suvicha Jaroensuk suvij at lox2.loxinfo.co.th
Tue Jun 29 04:46:38 UTC 1999

Dear sir,
	How do you configure your MX record and use round robin ?
I got the same problem. I guess that I used round robin host to be second
MX for other domains. For example :
	X IN 5 Y.domain
	Z IN 10 Y.domain
but
	Z IN A 2.2.2.2
	Z IN A 1.1.1.1

If X is down for any reasons, mail for Y.domain will go to Z , but I don't
know which host that e-mail will forward to between 2.2.2.2 or 1.1.1.1 for
mail queue keeping. According to sendmail features, mail queue will try to
send that mail going out to X, if X  still fails so it will be send to Z
again without comparison preference value because Z is not the same name
as ifself.

I am not sure , my assumtion is true or not but It can correct my problem.

Have any suggestion.

Regards,
suvicha