problem with MX-record

Richard Stevenson richard at whau.its.vuw.ac.nz
Mon Jun 28 22:41:27 UTC 1999

On 28 Jun 1999, Stephan M. Ott // OKDesign oHG wrote:

> 553 mail.xxx.de. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
> 553 mail.okdesign.net. config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
> 554 <info at xxx.de>,<webmaster at xxx.de>... Local configuration error
>
> @xxx.de                anyotheruser at anyotherserver

This is a Sendmail configuration problem, rather than a Bind problem - the
right newsgroup would have been comp.mail.sendmail (or the Sendmail FAQ, which
answers this question).  You need to add xxx.de to class w so that Sendmail
knows it is local.  Look for a line like this in your sendmail.cf:

Cwlocalhost

And change it to

Cwlocalhost xxx.de

Regards