Unregistered local domain yet internet access?

Doug Doug at gorean.org
Tue Jun 29 00:48:03 UTC 1999

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Barry Margolin wrote:

> The time it takes to perform a query is limited by the slowest part of the
> connection.  Since you have to go through your slow ISP link to talk to the
> ISP's DNS server, that's the bottleneck in either case.

	Unless you have the answer for the particular record you want
cached locally, which is why most people run local resolving dns. I do
agree however that with a local cache you're better off using forwarders
since that way you can take advantage of the ISP's cache too.

Doug
--
On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only
nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter