(PM) Ascend merger completed

Edward L. May II may at technet.nm.org
Mon Jun 28 19:02:48 UTC 1999

I'm hoping that the Lucent products continue.  I'm running both MAX and
Portmasters, and have fewer troubles with the Portmasters.

My MAX4004 with 4 trunk ports will only get 3 because the processor and
memory will only handle 3, if for some reason I tried to use 4, I'd have to
purchase a card to handle the additional digital customers.  Not to mention
that  we had to purchase ISDN as an additional service, with other services
also requiring purchase.

For the cost of a 48 modem card in our TNT, I can buy whole Portmaster 3's,
and don't have to purchase additional software to do ISDN.  The TNT does not
come with a network port.  Only a 3 MB control port which will not handle
dial-up traffic.  You have to purchase an additional card for Ethernet
connectivity.

They are all working Portmasters and MAXen, and both have problems with
different customer modems, but I would like to keep recommending Portmasters
rather than MAXen when it comes time for additional equipment, or
replacement for that matter.  Please Lucent  Keep up the PM line.

Ed May