RR conflicts

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Fri Jul 30 22:57:46 UTC 1999

It violates the rules...

Why do you need it? Why not make it an A record, or change the MX record
to an A record.  I know of no modern mailers that will not send mail
based on the A record. With a single MX record, I don't see an
advantage.

Actually, I think you do just as well by sending mail to the CNAME
record and don't need a separate MX record.

Michael