DNS Question (from a novice)

Mathew Plumb matthew.plumb at virgin.net
Thu Jul 29 11:37:24 UTC 1999

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm still a little baffled by this though
<duh>.

If I browse from the proxy machine it seems just fine and speedy. One thing
I did discover yesterday was that from a different office the tracert to the
proxy server doesn't return the name of the server just the TCP/IP address.
Whereas from my office both the name & address were returned on the final
hop.

BTW. Michael what's a publically available PTR record?

Thanks again.

Matthew