[NEWBIE] Running DNS server off cablemodem

Eric Freitag eric at onroad.com
Mon Jul 26 17:34:06 UTC 1999

I don't know about where you are from but @HOME in Toronto does not give you
a static IP address. It changes every 12 hours or so here, depending how
long you are online etc. just to stop you from running servers.

If you have a static IP are you planning on just using the computer as a
server?

If you are running bind you are a DNS server. All the rest is possible as
long as you have a static IP address, you will need another IP address if
you want another computer set up in your zone.

Hope that helped a little

Eric