Firewall and masquerading

Colin Guthrie colin at guthrie.sol.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 20:39:34 UTC 1999

Hi,

I know this message isn't really most appropriate here but people here
were really helpfull last time I made a post, and no one else in any
other news groups have replyed yet.

I've just set up IP masquerading on my Linux machine so other Win95
machines can use the internet.  However my installation (SuSE Linux
kernal 2.2.5) hasn't installed the ip_masq_* patches.  In my
/lib/modules directory I have two kernal versions 2.0.36 and 2.2.5.  The
2.0.36 has the reevant modules in the ipv4 dir but they have been
compiled for the older kernal and wont work even when forced to load.

The ipv4 dir exists in 2.2.5 dir but is missing the relevant files i
need (ie CuSeeme, ftp, raudio, vdolive, quake, irc etc).

I found the source for a icq module and compiled it and placed it in the
ipv4 dir and insmod'ed it and it worked file.  But I can't find the
source for the other patches I want.

Is this part of the kernal source.  If it is then it's odd that it was
not origianlly installed as I selected a Network package installation
and other ip masq stuff was installed.

Any help would be greatful

Thanks and sorry if this post is inappropriate

Colin Guthrie