Delegating Part Of Class C?

Steinar Haug sthaug at nethelp.no
Wed Jul 21 21:59:56 UTC 1999

[Joe Pruett]

|   ok, here is one of my pet peeves.  i think rfc2317 is bad.  there are
|   still lots of resolvers out there that get confused by getting a cname
|   back when it asked for a ptr.

I know there are some, but I don't know about "lots". I've been using
RFC 2317 (or its Internet Draft predecessor) for my own in-addr.arpa
zones for more than two years, with great success. I would certainly
notice it if there were lots of people who couldn't send me email (or
I couldn't send email to them) due to faulty resolvers. It's happened
*once* (it was a Linux host with an old 4.9.x based resolver).

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no