Delegating Part Of Class C?

Joe Pruett joey at q7.com
Wed Jul 21 15:48:52 UTC 1999

ok, here is one of my pet peeves.  i think rfc2317 is bad.  there are
still lots of resolvers out there that get confused by getting a cname
back when it asked for a ptr.  another of my pet peeves is that cnames are
evil :-).  when i delegate subnet stuff, i delegate each in-addr with an
ns directly:

1.1.1.10.in-addr.arpa.	IN	NS	ns.client.com.

of course this means that the client has to create a zone for each ip, but
it works with all resolvers i've seen.  i think the extra work is well
worth the improvement in correct behaviour.