Mysterious DNS Problem

Martin, Kevin kevinm at crt.com
Fri Jul 9 19:41:25 UTC 1999

I agree, to a certain extent.  If the problem in question is happening in a
DNS setup that is NOT reachable from the Internet then REAL information
won't necessarily help at all ( at least in the context of giving real host
names, domain names, and IP addresses ).  As a debugger, you can't reach it
anyway and, in the case where it's internal, probably is not a registered
domain anyway ( which really would only matter where the problem was related
to something going on w/ ARIN )!  I understand that real information is
necessary when somebody is trying to get help w/ a publicly known domain,
but lets try to be understanding w/ people who are trying to do the right
thing by not publicly broadcasting their private network information.

Kevin Martin