Simulate virtual server on home linux box

Isaac Wilcox iwilcox at bigfoot.com
Mon Jul 5 21:00:54 UTC 1999

  I have a virtual server account online which has one IP address,
111.222.333.444. It has my three clients' domain names xxx.com, yyy.com
and zzz.com mapped to it through DNS. Apache and sendmail are set up on
this account to serve the websites and handle the mail of my three
clients,
based on the domain name through which the server is accessed.

  What I'd like to do is mirror this on a totally un-networked linux
box at home so that I can experiment with different setups, scripts,
databases etc., and then run Netscape on the same box to test it, using
exactly the same URLs and e-mail addresses, thus fully test the site
without ever having to go online.

  How can I set up BIND on linux to do this - to have several domain
names mapped to this one standalone machine, so that Apache, sendmail
etc. will mirror the virtual server system ?  I can't find any tutorials

covering the new (named.conf) BIND configuration online that help
me, but I figured this has to be quite commonplace/simple.

Thanks in advance,

    Isaac Wilcox