Have several questions about setup- Bind 8.1.2

Dariusz Zmokly globi at graff.com.pl
Mon Dec 27 15:16:49 UTC 1999

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

> > My questions are:
> >
> > 1) How do you setup for an ISP secondary server? (i.e. what files are needed
> > ..db.xxx.xx.xx and what is needed in the named.conf file)
> > I've tried this earlier but received a bunch of errors regarding named-xfer
> > and non-authoritative in domain.
>
> You don't.  They do.  All you do is make sure that their server name is
> declared in an NS record in the zone.

I have an entry in zone file and there are two nameservers declared.
One of them is my primary NS and another one probably will be my
secondary in the future but now it isn't my secondary. Could this
configuration make dns not to work properly ? I mean sometimes people
say they got errors like 'host not found' when using web browser.

greetings
Dariusz Zmokly