DNS configuration error

Thomas Langås tlan at online.no
Tue Dec 21 16:49:45 UTC 1999

Kevin Darcy wrote:

> I'm going to take a wild guess here: you registered this domain through someone who
> is providing the nameservice for the domain, right? And now you want to take

No, it's my own domain, and I bought it at networksolutions.com, no middle man :-)

However, what I want is this:

The primary DNS today is soa.granitecanyon.com due to the fact that the box which is
handling most for this domain is behind a DHCPd, so in order to let the outside world
access this computer easily, that was the best way I could think of. But, I only wanted
to configure the domain itself there, and set up everything else on my own box.  So the
only thing that's on the granite-DNS is

domain.com -> my BOXs IP

(and some necessary stuff like soa and things)

And, someone else told me that this was all I needed. If people tried to access
www.domain.com the DNS requests would automatically go to my box, and I have a named
running there...  However, this doesn't happen, so my question is, how do I do this...

--Thomas