Bind-8.1.2 -> 8.2.2-P5

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Fri Dec 17 21:21:15 UTC 1999

In article <19991217160917.B9041 at adams.cospo.osis.gov>,
Joseph S D Yao  <jsdy at cospo.osis.gov> wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 10:37:12AM -0600, Evans, Shawn wrote:
>>
>> OS: FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE
>> Current version of BIND: 8.1.2
>>
>> Are there any known gotcha's between 8.1.2 and 8.2.2-P5?
>
>Lots.  That's one of the reasons for the new releases.

Maybe you have a different definition of "gotcha" than I do.  A gotcha is
something he needs to be aware of to avoid problems when upgrading.  Most
of the differences between the two releases are upward compatible and
shouldn't cause problems.

I mentioned the things he needs to watch out for in my earlier response.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com