stomping forwarders

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Dec 16 16:14:04 UTC 1999

   From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
   Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:05:25 -0800

   >      o it does not *aggressively* attack the folk pointing their resolvers
   >        at me.
   >
   > Why is this necessary?  Isn't it enough not to respond?  Why would they
   > continue to point their resolvers to your server if you don't give them
   > answers?

   probably because they're idiots of some flavor, but i really do not know or,
   for that matter, care.  all i know is that they persist despite not getting
   answers.

I thought you *were* giving them answers, because you didn't know how to
disable recursing for them.

   > Please stop cc'ing responses to me, like I request in my postings.  It's
   > very annoying when I read a message in email and then later see the same
   > message when I'm reading the newsgroup.  This is the 2nd thread this week
   > where I've been getting lots of email responses.

   consider what you're asking.  shall we ask deja news to put a filter in for
   you too?

I don't know what Deja has to do with this.  Is it so hard to edit the
header of your reply message?  Change it from: