stomping forwarders

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Dec 16 16:01:06 UTC 1999

   From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
   Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:32:50 -0800

   two issues with this

     o it does not *aggressively* attack the folk pointing their resolvers
       at me.

Why is this necessary?  Isn't it enough not to respond?  Why would they
continue to point their resolvers to your server if you don't give them
answers?

     o the particular server has about 10,000 zones, most of which come in
       via (authenticated) emailed $include files which would be crufty to
       hack

You don't need to hack the zone files, it's all in the named.conf file.

Please stop cc'ing responses to me, like I request in my postings.  It's
very annoying when I read a message in email and then later see the same
message when I'm reading the newsgroup.  This is the 2nd thread this week
where I've been getting lots of email responses.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com