Solaris 2.6 and odd Bind 8.2.2-P5 ndc behaviour

Jason Ahrens ahrensj at psi.ca
Wed Dec 15 19:34:34 UTC 1999

I have recently tried to change over to Bind 8.2.2 P5 on a Solaris 2.6
sparc box. Named seems to work well, with one exception, but ndc is a
total flop...

Build envrionment:
Solars 2.6
sun4m (Sparc 20)
gcc version 2.7.2.3
GNU binutils 2.9.1
(also tried with binutils that ship with solaris 2.6)

In the log files, 'named' complains about this once every reload:
named[484]: ctl_server: bind: No such file or directory

As well, the ndc utiltiy segfaults whenever it is used.

Has anyone gotten this setup working? I am at a bit of a loss as to what
else to try. I've looked back in the archives a few months but found
nothing that seemed to apply...

Thanks

Jason