Weird Resolution Problems....

Sandy Whiteman broadleaf at compuserve.com
Fri Dec 10 18:54:50 UTC 1999

I've seen *very* strange things as a result of Microsoft's Autodialer cache
(stored in the registry) holding certain domain names as remote after a
machine is moved from Dial-Up Networking to a permanent connection.  These
domain names will just hang a ping or a browser, whether they're in a HOSTS
file or on a DNS server.  The only solution is to uninstall and reinstall
all of the Networking components, including DUN (which the user probably
won't need anymore).

HTH,

Sandy

<05c201bf41c1$f72369d0$21096818 at rbarnes.blazenet.net>...