once more: Forwarding

Thomas Stalder tom at coco.ch
Tue Dec 7 20:17:48 UTC 1999

Hello,

I'm a beginner and new to this group so I may have missed this topic
once. I'm running BIND 8.2.2 on a Ultra5/Solaris7. (not P5 yet).
I'm running primaries for a few domains, the secondaries are running
on our ISP's machines. Works fine. This name server is located in the DMZ.

We also have a domain for internal use only, with name servers in
the Intranet.
Now I wanted the 'external name server' to forward request for the
internal zone to the 'internal name servers'. This should work on
a zone base, as I understand the examples, but it doesn't.
The querries are still directed to the world like all querries for
'unknown domains'. The 'forward zone' is ignored.

Is forward per zone really supported or still buggy?

Thanks, Thomas