large size binaries after compile on Solaris2.6?

Hugh Davies hdavies at kzin_nospam.rnb_nospam.com
Tue Dec 7 15:22:42 UTC 1999

ashley wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just complied and configured bind8.2.2p5 in what I thought to be
> successfully on a solaris 2.6 sun box.

[snip]

> Is this large file size normal or should I have compiled it in a different
> manner?

The SPARC is a RISC machine, the Intel box a CISC. The binaries will
always be larger on a RISC machine.

Regards,

Hugh.
--
VP Desktop Systems, Republic National Bank, London.
The views expressed here are mine, and do not reflect the official