network solutions dns server update - how long to propagate?

Lawrence Chan webmaster at montevino.com
Mon Dec 6 09:10:24 UTC 1999

Hello,

We've initiated a complete change of name servers for a domain, ie both host names
and ip addresses via Internic's Make Changes/Host Form.  We've also replied to
their Yes and ACK confirmations for the change request.  Are we suppose to get a
confirmation from them on when the root servers have been updated?  Or, are we
supposed to check Whois ourselve?  We have not received any further email from
them.  Is this good news or bad?  Please advice.

Lawrence
lchan at montevino.com