nsupdate errors

Stephen Carville carville at ugsolutions.com
Mon Dec 6 18:14:10 UTC 1999

I am using a simple perl script to automatically update bind 8 from
the dhcpd.leases file.  I use nsupdate and All of the A and PTR records
seem to get added  but I keep seeing errors like:

named[27911]: error processing update packet id 22256 from
[134.244.46.13].1505

The format for a record updates is:

prereq yxdomain cypci319a.cypdhcp.ugsolutions.com
update delete cypci319a.cypdhcp.ugsolutions.com

prereq yxdomain 11.50.244.134.in-addr.arpa
update delete 11.50.244.134.in-addr.arpa

update add cypci319a.cypdhcp.ugsolutions.com 3600 IN A 134.244.50.11

update add 11.50.244.134.in-addr.arpa 3600 IN PTR cypci319a.cypdhcp.ugsolutions.com

I am running these scripts in a production environment with no
problems and these errors do not seem to indicate anything harmful.
However, they are esthetically unpleasant and I would like to fix the
errors before going to version 1.0 on the script package.

Any ideas?

--
Stephen Carville
Renaissance Geek