Running two named - Listen-on Directive

Rajiv Ghai ghair at vsnl.com
Sat Dec 4 02:26:18 UTC 1999

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the help. I have tried IP Aliasing, and it seems to work with
both named listening on port 53 although I have not tested it completely. I
still get two error messages in /var.log.messages:

named [287] ctl_writedone: /var/run/ndc: Broken pipe
named [387] ctl_server: bind: Address already in use

I saw a posting on the list from Kevin Darcy which states
"You do have to watch out that the two instances don't step on each other,
though, in terms of pid files, ndc channels and whatnot. Fortunately, these
are all configurable."

I wonder if you or Kevin could give me some guidance on getting rid of
these error messages or do I simply ignore them.
Regards
Rajiv