Named dies

Carsten Grammes ph12hucg at rz.uni-sb.de
Thu Dec 2 21:16:28 UTC 1999

In comp.mail.sendmail Marc Redmile-Gordon <marc at carsplus.co.uk> wrote:

: Got a problem with named running on SCO 505.
: Occasionally, ( every few weeks or so ) the name daemon dies.  This causes
: problems like mail not being delivered etc.

: Does anyone know why this may be happening ?

We had a similar problem in SCO5 (.0.0). We avoided the problem with
a watchdog script restarting the named when necessary. Occasionally we
found some invalid entries in root.cache. We're not sure but maybe this could
have sth. to do with the problem.

Carsten.

Carsten Grammes,	Physicist	Internet: cg at dialogika.de
Tel ++49 6897 935-0

I want to die peacefully in sleep like my grandfather.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.