a newbie question: how do i upgrade my bind 4.9.7 to latest version

darkwing at compaq.col.com.ph darkwing at compaq.col.com.ph
Fri Aug 27 22:17:40 UTC 1999

hello,

	i just want to ask if how and what will i do if i want to upgrade
my current version of bind which is version 4.9.7-1 to the latest version
of 8.x something.. I know that the configuration of version 8 is different
from version 4 which uses named.conf instead of named.boot but i just want
to know if do i need to change my bind programs & utils (eg. named,
named-xfer etc.)?? Hope to hear from u guys ASAP.. Thanks and God Bless..

erwin