DNS / IPV6 Gibberish

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Fri Aug 27 14:50:46 UTC 1999

Duh... Addresses aren't being thrown out in groups of 10,000.
A Class A network gets 256*256*256 or 16.78 million.

However, addresses are being recovered due to the increases in security
and the use of NAT. The author of this article does not appear to
understand this. However, it does makes sense if ip's had some numbering
scheme that was geographically related, like IP v6. This would make for
much more efficent routing schemes.

Michael