DNS tools

Tony Moran tony_moran at NO+SPAMhotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 11:38:55 UTC 1999

Hubert.QUARANTEL at DSI.VLY.sextant.thomson-csf.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
>         I'm looking for graphical (X11) tools to manage DNS database files,
> prowerful tools that could manage different types of RRs (
>         Does anyone know wether what I'm looking for exists (for Unix systems
> of course) ??? and where could I get it ?

QIP - from Quadritek - now owned by Lucent is extremely comprehensive and
combines DDNS & DHCP.
It might be a bit rich for your needs though..  There is also DNS Boss at
www.dnsboss.com.   Apart from
that I'd do a lookup on www.freshmeat.net on dns and see what turns up..

Cheers,  Tony