bind 8.2.1 problem

simonlok at my-deja.com simonlok at my-deja.com
Thu Aug 5 23:45:05 UTC 1999

Here is a strange problem that started to occur
when we began to run Bind 8.2.1 (we upgraded from
8.1.2).  Whenever we try to query for an
address record from a domain whose DNS servers
are not in the same domain as the address record
(for instance cnn.com, the nameservers are
in the domain ans.net), the query doesn't work.

However, when we run a "dig" or nslookup with
query type all, the proper data is then cached
and then future queries to the domain work.

Weird isn't it?  We are using the exact same
config files from bind 8.1.2.  In addition, we
tried playing with fetch-glue and recursion
options, but nothing seems to help.  Can anyone
offer any suggestions?

--SL

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/