[Kea-users] Kea DDNS update-on-renew

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 12:01:55 UTC 2024

Hi Isaac,

I think that kea-dhcp-ddns just uses standard nsupdate commands as
described by RFC no matter the brand of server on the other end.  You
might be interested in:
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/-/issues/3257 which would
prevent frequent updates from clients to DNS servers based on the
cached lease threshold settings in Kea
(https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.1/arm/dhcp4-srv.html#lease-caching).

Thank you,
Darren Ankney