[Kea-users] Kea & openSUSE Leap 15.5

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 11:14:52 UTC 2024

Hi,

The place to look for packages is here:
https://cloudsmith.io/~isc/repos/kea-2-4/packages/

I've not used SUSE in a long time so I'm not very familiar.  I see
that it uses YaST as the package manager.  Generally speaking you will
find packages for `apt` (Debian compatible) and `yum` (Redhat
Compatible) or `dnf` package managers and, in some cases, `apk`
(Alpine).  I don't see anything for openSUSE there.  You can, of
course, compile from source.  It isn't terribly difficult to compile
Kea.  See: https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/quickstart.html#quick-start-guide-using-tarball
and https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/install.html#build-requirements
and even https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/install.html#installation-from-source

Hope this helps!