[Kea-users] KEA DHCP with DB back end

mtint hpc hpcmtint at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 12:20:21 UTC 2024

Hey Nicolò,

I wanted to discuss something about my organization. We don't allocate any
funds for software on our platforms, which are primarily used for research
purposes. I was considering directly writing to the database tables, but
you've advised against it due to the potential risks. If we manually insert
IP addresses and subnets into the database, will KEA automatically detect
them? I came across this resource [
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea/-/wikis/docs/editing-host-reservations],
and I've been working on this project for a few months now, so I need a
solution.

Kind Regards,

Michael