[Kea-users] KEA DHCP with DB back end

Nicolò Borghi borghi.nicolo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 11:29:12 UTC 2024

Hello,

unfortunately, the DB backend is not supposed to be edited manually. Instead, you'd need to load either the MySQL or PostgreSQL Configuration Backend hook library. This exposes a convenient API to interact with the DB.
>From this section of the manual: https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/hooks.html#available-hook-libraries you'll find that both hook libs are open source. However, they have an inevitable dependency on this other hook: https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/hooks.html#std-ischooklib-libdhcp_cb_cmds.so which is only available after paying a recurring subscription.

The structure of the DB is rather intuitive, but manually inserting rows into it has been made rather difficult on purpose and I don't suggest trying to bypass all the obstacles, otherwise the integrity of the DB may not be fully guaranteed.

Best,
Nicolò.