[Kea-users] Renumbering Ipv6 Pool

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 10:22:12 UTC 2024

Hi,

I've not tried this myself, and I expect different behavior compared
to DHCPv4, but you might consider adding the old and new subnet to a
single shared network.  On the old subnet, remove the pools statement
so that no dynamic addresses are available.  Then, the clients should
migrate to the new subnet as they renew since they won't be able to
renew the old address any longer.  This would work in DHCPv4...  In
DHCPv6, the move may happen much more quickly (I've seen evidence of
this in other testing but haven't investigated closely), it is unclear
to me as I've not experimented.

Best to set this up in a lab environment first and see what happens.

Thank you,
Darren Ankney