[Kea-users] Compiling premium hooks on CentOS 8

Djerk Geurts djerk at maizymoo.com
Mon Apr 29 12:39:14 UTC 2024

Hi all,

Last week we bought a license for the premium hooks. Compiling on CentOS 8 stream went well once I’d worked out the prerequisites. But then the make install failed as I only wanted to install the premium hooks and not replace Kea itself as that was already installed from the ISC open source repository.

What is the best option to move forward?

Parse a config value to change the hooks install location from: /usr/local/lib/kea/hooks to /usr/lib64/kea/hooks/?
Remove Kea installed from the ISC repo and 'make install kea’ to install the compiled version?

Thanks,
D.