[Kea-users] different lease times

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 10:35:58 UTC 2024

Hi Jason,

> would it be valid syntax to also set lease-lifetime in the pool instead of using the class?
>
>  "pools": [
>                     {
>                         "pool": "10.1.2.100-10.1.2.200",
>                          "lease-lifetime": "300"
>                     }
> ]

I cannot find evidence of a parameter called "lease-lifetime" but
"valid-lifetime" cannot be set inside a pools [] block.

> I already assign the pools to "client-class": "KNOWN" - can I specify multiple classes? "client-class": "KNOWN", "short-lease"?
> If I use a class to do this, is the "valid-lifetime": 300 inside the subnet definition necesary? It is repeated in both the subnet and the client-class short-lease.

The "valid-lifetime" inside the subnet was a mistake.  That was a
relic of some earlier testing.  You cannot specify multiple classes on
a client-class line.  I don't know if you can have both client-class
and client-classes as I've never tried.  "client-class" does not do
the same thing that "client-classes" does.

Thank you,
Darren Ankney