[Kea-users] Configuring HA with multiple interfaces on both the appliances

Rick Frey gribnut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 18:17:27 UTC 2023

In reading https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/hooks.html#multi-threaded-configuration-ha-mt, you still configure the “url” directive of the HA hook with single URL for control commands even when using HA+MT mode with http-dedicated-listener = true.  Thus the URL would need to be pointed to an IP address (or hostname that resolves) of that server and is routable between the two HA nodes.   I’ve not used Kea in with http-dedicated-listener, but assuming you can use any IP address on the host.  Should be able to use any one of addresses you have for that server.

Not sure I understand your question.  Are you concerned if using an URL w/ single IP address,  that the address or interface may fail on the server?