[Kea-users] Missing features from dhcp-eval

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 20:35:50 UTC 2023

Hi Vladimir,

You should be able to do something like this with the flex option
hook: https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/hooks.html#libdhcp-flex-option-so-flexible-option-actions-for-option-value-settings

Just need to find out what can be tested for.  Is the traffic relayed?
 Will there be a specific giaddr for the client in the subnet that you
want to set the custom options?  You can test for a specific relay
agent IP (giaddr) with pkt4.giaddr == 192.0.2.1, for example.  You can
test if a client is a member of the PXEClients class with
member('PXEClients').

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Darren Ankney