[Kea-users] Lease Reclamation

Scott Rakow srsqrd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:18:21 UTC 2023

Darren,
  Thanks for the reply. I guess I should restate my question a bit better.

If both of the "max-reclaim-leases" and "max-reclaim-time" are zero, from
what I read in the documentation, the number of leases that will be claimed
is unlimited and the time to reclaim them is unlimited.

If the reclaim time is unlimited how does the system know that that cycle
has ended, as if it is unlimited, the cycle should keep going (which would
be bad, as no IP's would be given out).

Is there a counter/timer that if all is set to "unlimited" and if nothing
is reclaimed in X time, it ends the cycle and the wait-timer can take over?

Scott