[Kea-users] Relayed DHCP packets fail

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:37:09 UTC 2023

Hi Ben,

According to the 2.0.3 ARM, RFC 8357 is supported:
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.0.3/arm/dhcp4-srv.html?highlight=8357#supported-dhcp-standards

"Generalized UDP Source Port for DHCP Relay, RFC 8357: The Kea server
handles the Relay Agent Information Source Port sub-option in a
received message, remembers the UDP port, and sends back reply to the
same relay agent using this UDP port."

I did not find any bugs (closed or otherwise) reported in
https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/kea regarding this.  Might you
perform a packet capture to check if the responses are sent to the
correct port on the relay the next time you try the upgrade?

Thank you,

Darren Ankney