[Kea-users] Dropping the packets in load balancing

Peter Davies peterd at isc.org
Wed May 10 07:35:08 UTC 2023

Hi Kraishak,
This behaviour is expected when HA is configured in "load-balancing" mode.

Under normal operations, the two Kea servers divide the clients between them.

The server decides which clients they need to respond to based on a hash of the
client identifier; this is often the client's Mac address. The split is 50/50.

Kind Regards Peter