[Kea-users] Dropping the packets in load balancing

Kraishak Mahtha kraishak.edu at gmail.com
Wed May 10 06:45:08 UTC 2023

Hi all,

I have configured the kea-HA in load-balancing mode, and I am testing the
flow by hitting the discover packets only to the primary server using my
lease test tool but I see a few of the packets get dropped or have not been
seen.

 When I see the log I see as:
HA_BUFFER4_RECEIVE_NOT_FOR_US [hwtype=1 82:ff:ff:00:00:01],
cid=[01:82:ff:ff:00:00:01], tid=0x29652559: dropping query to be processed
by another server

I have a few doubts about this
1)I have only 10 active leases in the given scope range and we still have
so many free leases then why does the server drop the query and hand it
over to its peer?
2)Do we need to add any parameters in the config file to make the kea-DHCP
primary to forcefully check its all free available IPs?

Thanks in advance
Kraishak

Attached are my kea-dhcp configs of primary and failover