[Kea-users] DHCP disable NETBIOS

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:17:22 UTC 2023

Neil,

This looks fine.  However, I think you have something extra in here
that isn't needed.  I think you can do it like this (i could be wrong
as i have not tested this):

    "option-def": [
        {
            "name": "disable-netbios",
            "code": 1,
            "space": "vendor-encapsulated-options-space",
            "type": "uint32"
        }
    ],
    "client-classes": [
        {
            "name": "MSFT_5_0",
            "test": "option[60].hex == 'MSFT 5.0'",
            "option-data": [
                {
                    "name": "disable-netbios",
                    "code": 1,
                    "space": "vendor-encapsulated-options-space",
                    "data": "00000002"
                },
                {
                   "name": "vendor-encapsulated-options"
                }
            ]
        }
    ]

I don't think you need the extra "option-data" specified outside of
the class.  You DO need it in the class where you are specifying the
content of the  option.  Like I said, I could be wrong.

Thanks,

-Darren