[Kea-users] Disabling DDNS for PXE clients

Vladimir Nikolic vladimir at nikolic.si
Sat Jul 22 15:17:28 UTC 2023

Thanks Darren,

I forgot to mention, we define a client class for PXE clients:

(substring(option[60].hex,0,9) == 'PXEClient')

and ddns-send-update is not available on the client class level (from a
table on
https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.0/arm/dhcp4-srv.html#ddns-for-dhcpv4):

Parameter        Global  Client Class  Shared Network Subnet Pool
ddns-send-update yes     n/a.           yes   yes.    n/a

ISC dhcpd supports it.

Regards,
Vladimir