[Kea-users] single subnet for multiple interfaces

Joe Botha joe at swimgeek.com
Thu Jul 13 17:06:57 UTC 2023

Hi

Using client classes seems like a good plan.

if packet comes in on eth0.1 or eth0.2 or eth0.3 - give them all IPs in 192.0.2.0/24

does this make sense?

"Dhcp4": {
    "client-classes": [
        {
            "name": "Client_foo",
            "test": "split(pkt.iface, '.', 1) == eth0",
            "option-data": [
                {
                    "name": "domain-name-servers",
                    "code": 6,
                    "space": "dhcp4",
                    "csv-format": true,
                    "data": "192.0.2.1, 192.0.2.2"
                }
            ]
        },
    ],
    "subnet4": [
        {
            "id": 1,
            "subnet": "192.0.2.0/24",
            "pools": [
                {
                    "pool": "192.0.2.10 - 192.0.2.20",
                    "client-class": "Client_foo"
                }
            ]
        },
    ],
}

--
Swimmingly,
 Joe

swimgeek.com/blog  +27 82 562 6167  instagram.com/joe.swimgeek
      "...all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”