[Kea-users] Kea HA Heartbeat Failure

duluxoz duluxoz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 06:15:10 UTC 2023

Hi Rick,

I was using the terms "key" and "password" interchangeably (after all,
practically they perform the same function) - sorry for the confusion  :-)

Yeah, both servers have the same username and password.

We did as you suggested and, without the authentication, the
ha-heartbeat went through. After doing some further research we enabled
the kea-ctrl-agent.auth logger,  re-engaed authentication on
kea-ctrl-agent, and received the following log error:

2023-01-27 17:03:47.601 INFO [kea-ctrl-agent.auth/16262.140275659275264]
HTTP_CLIENT_REQUEST_NO_AUTH_HEADER received HTTP request without
required authentication header

So now I have to ask is there some config setting to enable the
ha-heatbeat to send the required authentication header - because I've
been through the doco and the sample config files and I can't find
anything - apart from the relevant config info in the
kea-ctrl-agent.conf file, but nothing in the kea-dhcp4.conf file under
the hooks-libraries->ha config entries (or elsewhere, for that matter).

What have we missed?  :-)

Cheers

Dulux-Oz