[Kea-users] Using DHCP Relays

Oscar Carlsson oscar at spindel.tax
Sat Jan 21 13:42:08 UTC 2023

Hi,

I'm just using dnsmasq to create a dhcp relay on my router, and my machine
running Kea just have one interface but many IP ranges to cover all subnets in
Kea.

dnsmasq is easy to configure, this is a complete setup:

dhcp-relay=gateway_ip,dhcp_server_ip
# Disable the DNS server in dnsmasq
port=0

Just repeat dhcp-relay for each subnet in your setup.  I've setup an Ansible
role for this purpose, looping over the interfaces defined on my router.

Regards,
Oscar